Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Shopping...

Shopping is a favourite past-time of the Chinese....
 
It's also mine....except I like window shopping....and observing...better...
Buying comes along with that, but it is not something which I seek to do all the time...
Primarily because I am half-broke most of the time...hehe...and also because I have things which I need already...and I don't have anymore need to add to my collection....
 
Or perhaps the things I see don't grab me or attract my fancy.....
There are many many types of shoes and clothes etc, but I didn't buy...
 
Or perhaps I chose one of the hottest day ever to go shopping with my colleague Helen....
We put our health in peril hehehe..... (we aren't exactly the smartest girls around...)
I got heat-stroke...... (and i am definitely the stupider of the two)
The shops were all fascinating but tightly packed together....
 
I think shopping requires the right combination of factors....
A want to buy (most often a factor for most girls), a need to buy (most often a factor for guys), and the right amount of money, time, climate and mood....
 
Also, it requires the right kind of spirit, and the right kind of shops....
by shops, i don't just mean clothes, books etc shops...but also food shops...
We need to eat and recuperate.....and drink to refresh our energies...
 
So I have incorporated a photo of a chinese pagoda shopping place in Shenzhen, with KFC on the second floor....

Dongmen shopping area Shenzhen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home